Original title: The Rolling Stones - Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park Live
Director: Paul Dugdale
Cast and Crew: Mick Jagger – lead vocals, guitar, harmonica; Keith Richards – guitars, vocals; Ronnie Wood – guitars; Charlie Watts – drums; Darryl Jones – bass; Chuck Leavell – keyboards, percussion, backing vocals; Bernard Fowler - backing vocals, percussion; Lisa Fischer - backing vocals; Bobby Keys - saxophone; Tim Ries - saxophone, keyboards; Matt Clifford - French horn, keyboards; Mick Taylor - guitar
• This summer, over 100,000 delirious fans packed into Hyde Park for two spectacular outdoor concerts to see Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood do what they do best. The Stones delivered a five star performance packed full of hits such as ‘Start Me Up’, ‘Brown Sugar’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Miss You’, ‘It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll’, ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘Doom And Gloom’ and ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, as well as one or two surprises.
• Mick Jagger said: “It was a great gig…It was beautiful with the sun going down over Hyde Park. I can’t think of a better way celebrate the Rolling Stones’ 50 than doing it on our home patch in front of 100,000 people on a glorious summer night…enjoy it… we certainly did.”
• Keith Richards commented: “Coming back to Hyde Park was like a full circle being drawn, and the band were in top form. We thought what could be more appropriate than having a great summer in London!”
• From the second the Rolling Stones stepped out onto the stage each night, through to the dazzling firework and pyrotechnic display that heralded the end of the concert, fans old and new were treated to a non-stop, hit after hit performance, which took them through the Stones’ huge back catalogue. Keith Richards wowed the crowds by weaving his charismatic guitar licks with Ronnie Wood’s immense solos, Mick Jagger was on spectacular form, his boundless energy on stage matched by a number of stunning outfit changes, and Charlie Watts the unflappable heartbeat of the band, driving the band on through the set.
• Former guitarist Mick Taylor – whose live debut with the Stones took place at the original 1969 Hyde Park concert – joined the band on stage to guest on the bluesy ‘Midnight Rambler’ and on closing track ‘Satisfaction’, whilst long-term live band members Lisa Fischer, Darryl Jones, Chuck Leavell, Bernard Fowler, Bobby Keys and Tim Ries all added their inimitable flair and finesse.
• The Rolling Stones Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live is the perfect way for concert-goers to relive their favourite memories from the gigs, and for their fans to see the band back where they truly belong: live on the stage in their hometown.
1 Interviews, Part 1
2 Start Me Up
3 It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (but I Like It)
4 Street Fighting Man
5 Ruby Tuesday
6 Doom and Gloom
7 Interviews, Part 2
8 Honky Tonk Women
9 You Got the Silver
11 Miss You
12 Interviews, Part 3
13 Midnight Rambler
14 Gimme Shelter
15 Jumpin' Jack Flash
16 Sympathy for the Devil
17 Brown Sugar
18 You Can't Always Get What You Want
19 Interviews, Part 4
20 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
21 Credits (Hide Your Love)
1 Tumbling Dice
2 Paint It Black
3 Before They Make Me Run
Production: JA Digital Production | Eagle Rock Entertainment